Tuesday, May 18, 2010

{sweet treats}

While driving home from the wedding Saturday night {in a very fatigued state, I might add} I began reading signs, looking at shops, etc. You know, being very safe in keeping my eyes on the road in front of me.

I noticed a donut shop in Roland which had "something sweet" as a subscript on the store sign. Something sweet. How fun would it be to have an actual cupcake shop??? Seriously, so from Roland to Fort Smith my mind raced with how cute cupcakes could be, the packaging etc...as I hit the Garrison Avenue bridge it was then I remembered that I really do not enjoy baking. I've never figured it out - the why, not how. I love eating it, but do not enjoy making it. And, I detest the clean-up as I am an extremely messy cook. So, my thoughts of cupcakes ended there as I dodged people running across Garrison from every direction.

Have you guys been down there on a Saturday night? UNBELIEVABLE! Sorry, got sidetracked a tad....

But, I did fire up the mixer tonight and made the boys some strawberry and cream cheese cupcakes.

Yeah, right.


I ate four. THAT is why I do not bake.


But, it did give me leverage to get the boys to eat their meals. ;)




p.s. trust me, I was not thinking about having a cupcake shop of my own. I was merely trying to stay awake. And, I know that NWA has a cute cupcake shop as does LR - I guess I was basically thinking of just the cutesyness (a word?) of all that would be involved. Cupcakes are just cute.
No worries at all! Just wanted to clarify, ha!

1 comment:

Stacy Carter said...

I had the same thought after some awesome cupcakes we had in TX this weekend! So funny! If I ever open one I'll call you for input!