Saturday, May 15, 2010

{heart freeze moment}

Today is a busy, busy day. My alarm went off before there were any glimmers of light outside. There is something very wrong with that on a Saturday morning.

I would like to say I buzzed around here and accomplished alot. But, unfortunately I moved in very slow motion. Then, with just enough time to get ready and out the door for our 9 am t-ball game. There is water standing in my yard but the text said the game was still planned as they were attempting to dry out the fields. Okay.

Major interruption: the cows broke out of the pasture into a hay pasture. Not a good thing. So, Scott and I head out to wrangle them back to pasture A. Much easier said than done! I was in my pink polka-dot pjs with wet hair and no make-up. Let's just say it took a while and I was in a panic as I knew I had a very high chance of going to the ball fields in that very same condition.

Scary.

I rush to get boys ready and load them up with a breakfast of granola bars and capri-suns. My hair was wet and FRIZZY. No makeup on and we peeled out of our driveway in a race to the fields.

Oh, about 10 minutes away, we got the text that the games were pushed back to 11 am "for now".

I won't say a word about that. And, no irritation to our coach at all - I just don't understand some of these attempts as we have more rain on the way. That text did likely save the day due to my appearance alone! It's hard to wear sunglasses to cover the no make-up eyes when it's cloudy outside.

Okay, to the heart-freeze moment. A sweet little boy in a baseball cap that had unbrushed hair that parted straight down the middle with very sleepy eyes looked at his big brother in the backseat with the sweetest smile. This was all per rear view mirror. But, Evan said, "Noah, I'm going to give you three wishes, what do you want them to be?" Well, Noah was thrilled and I won't go into his wishes because the wishes themselves somewhat killed the moment. But, there was such sweetness between them and as I type this I hear them squabbling over the PSP.

Short-lived, but sweet nonetheless!

No comments: