Wednesday, May 12, 2010

{reasons}

I can, and I will list all of the reasons why I made such a huge decision to leave my job. For the most part, they are very important reasons and some are just me being selfish as a mom and wife that I want to have my family very much present with me.

But, a reason that was brought to my attention tonight by Noah is so that now I will have time to clip his toenails? Poor thing.

As silly as that sounds, it is true. It's the small things that I've let slide in my attempt to get everything turned in.

So, I stopped working on the report that is due after he came to my office with finger and toenail clippers in hand and asked if I had a minute to cut his nails. He knew I was busy and had not wanted to ask. Bless his sweet little heart. And, yes, I had noticed they were in dire need of a cut - but it was usually when I caught a glimpse of them with him in the back seat and me driving us somewhere.

I am thrilled that the child will have his nails trimmed routinely again.

How sad is that? Now, I am shutting this thing down even though the report is not completed and I'm off to crawl into bed with my son for some preslumber snuggle time.

1 comment:

SheWolf said...

Oh thank goodness I am not the only Mom out there that forgets the nails....at least your kids remind you. Mine wait until they wrap around their feet!!! UGH!