Thursday, May 27, 2010

{may I have an autograph please?}

*that would be to our hometown celebrity......drum roll.....EB!! Seriously, N and I stopped into the wonderful world of Wal-greens today after school. I had some RR that I knew if I didn't spend, I would let them expire due to the weekend ahead. As I was checking out the cashiers were about as excited as I was at the savings and then I told them about my hero EB, they almost screamed. "The one with baby Beau??" Yep, that's her. EB - you have made quite the impression on those girls! Seriously, not just with how much you save, but they literally gushed about your sweetness overall but to them in general. Apparently, niceness from customers can come few and far between for them. I felt like I personally knew a star!! :) Kudos to you! You've made quite the impression. Which is not shocking at all, just a great reminder to me to actually converse with those around me.

*air conditioner prognosis: not good. Estimate to replace whatever part it is: $1200 v. having a new one made (cost unknown) - he should know by next week!!!!!!!! Thank God for the cold, leaky pool.

*the boys swam in leaky pool tonight. I made them get out when E's lips turned blue. They are in a hot bath right now.

*we had a summer quick off meal on the patio tonight. It was perfect with roasted hot dogs, chips and sweet tea. Well, N went for vanilla rootbeer (yuck). But, what made it even better were the cute fish-y dishes that TH got for me several months ago. Perfect!

*woo-hoo, FUN DAY tomorrow at school!!! Then I have them home! Yippee!

*yay, N! He received two awards today at school for Citizenship (which is the one that makes me the happiest) and the Principal's Honor List. Great job! Very proud of you! You make this motherhood thing quite easy on me. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are SO funny! I'm telling you, I try to fly under the radar and be as sweet as possible to the cashiers!! I really do like all of them here in Greenwood. They gush over Beau and makes it easy to start up conversation :) There is one sweet big guy that works in the evening that always gets REALLY excited for me...so excited that he usually yells to the manager that I'm making money. That really doesn't help my flying under the radar scheme :) But, he is super sweet and I'm glad he is friendly!!