Wednesday, June 2, 2010

{selfish}

I've somewhat stayed away from the news over the past several weeks. It breaks my heart to see what is at stake in light of the oil spill. First and foremost, the loss of so many lives. Secondly, those that are being directly impacted in such an enormous way as it truly is their way of life. And, then those like me........ it's my favorite place in the world next to my home and in that I do feel guilt because I feel selfish in comparison to what those close to it are going through. I can't even imagine. I know my heartbreak, I cannot begin to comprehend theirs.

This was the beach we spent so much time on last year. Although I didn't feel my best, I took it all in. It was Evan's first time to a beach. To see a little one take it all in for the first time is priceless.




It is lovely - 24 hours a day. Scott would get up in the wee hours of the morning and walk the boardwalk before the sun came up.

The area we stayed in was so quaint - it was unbelievable.

So peaceful. I'm praying so hard that somehow the expected impact of the disaster can be averted. Although it seems impossible, I know it's not. He is bigger than our mess-ups and errors.



I'm not sure what the summer holds. I had so wanted to go back....I hope we do.

Within a short distance, there is really no place like it.


I pray my family gets to make more memories there in the years to come. As I pray the same prayer for so many others.



It's breathtaking really. God's creation. Amazing.


Praying for the entire Gulf Coast and beyond.

No comments: