Friday, June 11, 2010

{easy-peasy}

My transition has not been so far, but it is getting easier. I hate that I keep saying, "if I can just make it through this week, if I can just make it through this weekend, then......."

I feel like I am living my life on just getting through. I don't like that.

The breathing a tad is getting easier. It's like I am learning to breath on my own without the oxygen tank. And, it feels good.

I had a FULL work day yesterday (oh, until about 2:30 this morning). A few errands. And, I still have a to-do list a mile long. A ton of return calls to make. Texts and emails to respond to. I'm limping through them.

Today my marathon weekend starts. Again. Didn't I just do this last weekend? But, instead of holding my breath until Tuesday when the smoke clears a little. I am going to enjoy the things on my list. Haircuts, t-ball, a wedding, a long drive late at night from LR {Scott knows to be on standby as I may need to talk to him all the way home}, church, a bd party, my niece's play FOOTLOOSE, engagements, etc, etc.) So, I am not going to think about making it to Tuesday, but instead, enjoying the in between.

Although I am working, it just feels different. And, in a good way. I can walk away from my computer knowing I don't have to attempt to get 7.5 hours + in. IF I get 3, I'm doing reallllllllly good for now. And, those 3 are usually spread out.

Oh, yeah.......I made a bride cry this morning. That's always a good thing. Well, maybe not always, but in this case it was.

Now, I'm off to make lunch for the boys and enjoy the fact that I am the one taking them for haircuts. And, not in a rushed, break my neck kind-of way.

ahhhhhh......the exhale part feels great.

No comments: