Friday, June 11, 2010

{heart palpitations}

Do you remember the last time I got pulled over?

By a State Trooper?

I was speeding, but it was for a broken tail light when I stopped at the light?

I didn't have my liscense.

I couldn't find my insurance.

When I did finally find my proof of insurance....

it had expired.

TONIGHT.

At the intersection just before my house.

You know, the one that a Sheriff pulled me over speeding and not coming to a complete stop at?

It was years ago.

I confessed on the spot. I was speeding. And, I did "roll". I was late getting home for my fertility injection.

I got a warning then too.

It was the truth and I think as crazy as my story was, he believed me.

TONIGHT.

I approached the same intersection and saw no less than 7 State Troopers.

Check point.

Was I speeding?

Did I have my liscense?


No and


yes.....


in that order.

Whew!

And as I was chatting with one officer (I've known him since he was a baby) Evan was giving play by plays of tonights t-ball game to another one. He got high fives.

He is totally on cloud 9.

As I drove away, I told them they were celebrities now.

If only they had to deal with 5-year-olds who are beyond happy about a summer t-ball game.

I have a feeling it won't be so pleasant for them with all of the vehicles. T-ball is not the likely topic of conversation of some.

No comments: