Tuesday, June 15, 2010

{home sweet home}

whew!

*it's been a quiet day on the home front. Note: on the home front. We did not have a million places to go and be. So nice! just one md appt today.

*i had a great, productive work day and then shut it down for a while to swim with the boys. I actually got in the water instead of just on my mat. I guess the rain cooled it down again, but I finally got used to it and we had so much fun. The boys were thrilled.

*it's been a barefoot, sundress, no make-up, curly-hair kind-of day.

*i feel like i have cooked all day long for the boys. i did join in for some fresh pineapple. yum!

*new love: sweet italian cream in my coffee. and, yes, I just had a cup at 5 pm. my break is over. ha!

*the boys and i came up with our summer to-do list while in the pool. we never get it all done or even close really. i'll post it later - it's so funny how different they are. for example: e: snow cones. a lot of 'em all summer. n: destin.

*speaking of destin: i sooooooooo want to book right now. scott woke up thursday and asked me if i wanted to jump in the car and go ahead and drive down. but, i had a wedding. and right now the schedule will not allow it. i'm still saying prayers that it happens this year.

*today was a great day just to be thankful. i am very, very thankful.

*and, on that note, i had no clue the floods had hit oklahoma city until late yesterday. it's strange how something of that magnitude can hit so close and if you do not have the news on.....you never know. my ok city family is okay thankfully!!

*this last weekend was the end of my frantic pace and i am glad. it was fun, but too much. now, i'm soaking it all in!! and, loving every moment.

*HE is definitely more than sufficient. as i made the big change with the law firm while at the same time transitioning to mostly 'weddings only' with the photography in order to allow me to maximize my family time, i was concerned. that would be several significant changes at once. while at the same time likely burning some bridges with some excellent clients whom i fell in love with as i moved away from the family genre. however, i continue to receive an unbelievable amount of wedding inquiries and bookings for even next year. and, honestly, the vast majority now are only those inquiries, so i am not having to turn away the others very often. and, if my plan proceeds as i hope, i am already 1/2 booked up for the entire year of 2011. i am astounded. the time it will give my family is priceless.

p.s. i am still doing family & friends, just wanted to clear that up! :)

No comments: