Wednesday, June 2, 2010

{rearview mirror}

Day 1 was a haphazard-success. I think. :)

*I tried to work, but I played a lot with the kids. That's the whole point isn't it? However, keeping in mind this is not the ideal week to start as the air conditioner is still broken (to be fixed today, fingers crossed), it's billing time at work, I have a big bridal tonight, an unexpected trip to Fayetteville tomorrow and will be in Tennessee Friday-Sunday for a wedding. So, I've decided this will be a fly by the seat of my pants kind-of week without too much pressure (applied by yours truly!}.

*We finally got the salt content right in the pool. I was convinced that the processor was broken and almost made a switch to chemicals. But, I actually listened to my husband and it's perfect now! I actually got in yesterday - still too cold for me. The boys don't seem to mind the teeth chattering that goes along with their swimming right now??

*Hay season has started. Enough said.

*Due to the described air conditioning situation, we've been eating a lot of meals that do not require cooking. And, it's been somewhat nice - basically picnics for every meal!

*Found some cute games on paper pads at WM the other day - tic tac toe and lines/squares. If I can keep the boys from fighting over who goes first?? We are definitely in the reacclimation stage of summer. Please come quickly!

*Evan made a great play at the game last night! He was still talking about it when we went to bed last night. So sweet. It was good to see the girls last night too! I've actually missed waving at them in the to and fro of the school line. :)

*The boys are eating me out of house and home. Never thought I would say that. Or, type it at least.

*HG: I didn't find the shorts last night, but they have some new cute sundresses for $8. I'm thinking I will be living in them this summer!

*I looked at the calendar: only 12 MD visits this month. Seriously?

*Today's agenda: work {that encompasses everything and, I'll leave it at that:}, lazy time {love that}, reading {the boys and I are reading a great book together, it's actually holding E's attention as he thinks it was written about him. It really is strange how it could have been??}, my coffee with a new flavor: sweet Italian cream, yum!, pool time and...... lots of wet towels.......

2 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Dying to hear about $8 Sundress?? Where?

IF your air isnt fixed today. . .I am taking your family hostage.

Shannon said...

TH: Wally World. Very cute, I got them in FS. Plain-jane but roomy. Little ruffle stuff along collar and arms. Scoop neck but not too low. Cinched under bra line. And, in light of the heat index in this house, very cool! :) They have them in green, black, red, navy, white, etc.....