Monday, January 24, 2011

{order}

I'm ALMOST afraid to say it.  However, I think that ever-so-slowly, but surely a 'little' order is being reestablished around the house.  I can breath a tad easier.  I can barely function when I have to let so many things slide.  And, believe me, it's  been an avalanche around here since, oh, about September.   I could maybe even trace it back to August.  As soon as our feet were planted back here after wiggling our toes in the sunny sands while on vacation.....they were running way past go. 

The fall photography season.  I survived.

Well, although I tease that this is my hibernation season, I may not be out shooting several evenings a week, but, orders still come in, new inquires on a daily basis pretty much, packets to mail out, orders to deliver and mail,  clients to meet and a list of things {for friends and family} that had been pushed on the back burner due to all of the above.  But, I'm whittling it away. And, I am doing a project {2 actually} for the law firm that will end this week. {hopefully!} And, desperately trying to get this house back to some semblance of order.   A very tedious task I must say. 

This morning was my VERY FIRST Monday in which I woke up to everything looking clean and tidy on the surface at least.  It's not perfect by any means, but, what a great start to the week!!   Now it's the dig in and dig in deep type cleaning, purging and organizing that needs to be done.  Maybe by the time spring arrives, the cleaning will be 'finito'!    And, I can just play. ;)  

I have a little system going, I load up the car and drop things off at storage and on MD appt days load it up and swing by Goodwill.  I get sickened at just how much junk we accumulate.  Well, I accumulate.  Scott is pretty much innocent on that count.  His accumulation is in big tools in the garage and moving objects out in the yard and/or pasture.  

I think I may go back to the Fly Lady system.  I was really impressed while I was doing it.  The big problem with it........I stopped. ha!  

And, I'll have to take some before and after pictures.  BUT, we have an outside project going on that I am over-the-moon excited about.   HG:  this will not apply to things I am usually excited about.  However, my father-in-law and a man showed up today to begin a barn restoration.  NOT the barn raising here by the house. But, we have an old barn that was ripped to shreds several years ago by major winds/storms.  So, it has continued to deteriorate and crumble.  It makes me so sad.  So, about a month ago I asked Scott to try and figure out how much it would cost to repair it as the structure itself is pretty much intact.  It's a go!  So, the man will be replacing the torn off tin.  Repairing the lean-to; possibly building a second on on the other side.  Cleaning it out so we can actually use it.  AND, the very best part.

It will be painted RED.  

So happy!

No comments: