Tuesday, August 10, 2010

{vacation/day 2}

I totally understand why SC returned home and completed her blogging. Otherwise, she would be like me still determined to get it done but....I haven't even started yet! yikes!

I am beyond behind.


These were some pics of the drive down. Poor Scott could not hold the camera steady to save his life. So, although he took about 50 pics of the boys, only one was clear. But, this was day 2 - I was feeling TERRIBLE, my cough was getting worse and I was pretty much wanting to pull over anywhere to sleep. And, I had just woke up. But, somewhere in Alabama I looked back at the boys and saw this......


He had donned his goggles and shark tooth necklace - we were HOURS away from the beach but he was way past ready. It cracked me up. At that point I really needed a laugh. And, Scott had tried to take the picture, but, I finally had to because of camera shake. Evan was oblivious to it all, he was just concentrated on the first to spot the beach.

Then Scott took a lovely picture of my nails. NOT.


And, look at that tree line. Beautiful! The picture does not do it a bit of justice.


Scott's action shot, look at those trees. I was about to hit him at this point. Breathing was all I was concentrated on then. The cold & allergy meds were not making the trip to easy.

Besides a little incident in Mississippi {that I will not divulge here in order to protect the innocent....ME!} the first day was uneventful. We FINALLY pulled out of FS around 4:30-ish and hit the road. We made it to the worst hotel I had ever stayed at in my life that was somewhere between Vicksburg and Hattiesburg. I gave up and needed to sleep in a huge way. Of course, the fatigue beyond comphrehension hit me about 20 miles past the nice hotels. But, then we were back on the road again.
Thus the above pictures.
This day was very uneventful due to the fact I drove us in and crashed. In bed, not the car. {that was in Mississippi - sort-of} So, we arrived in Miramar and could not even go have dinner with the big group of friends there. It was sad. But, I felt beyond bad.
Stayed tuned for Day 3.
We have some interesting tales to tell about this trip.
Leave it to us!

No comments: