Wednesday, August 25, 2010

{i am quite concerned}

*that I will be having a Kindergarten drop-out. His day actually went fine yesterday {per my analysis not his}; I did better. He had a good day overall with the exception of his complaints related to nap time. He forgot we packed a lunch of his favorites and went thru the lunch line to obtain something he will not eat...a hamburger. The french fries saved him. He is very impressed with the cafeteria ladies....doesn't that sound vaguely familiar? Noah always wanted me to get a job in the cafeteria. It was his dream job for me. Evan explained that they were just so nice fixing all that food for all the kids. Even though he hated the food. He was beyond CrANkY when I picked him up. A lot of tears even if you looked at him. I forgot how long those days are for the little ones. Even though I've had him on a protested back to school bedtime routine for weeks leading up to this....the night owl in him is struggling. He wants to be set free. He succumbed to tears last night when he realized he had to go back all.week.long. For whatever reason, he thought it was going to be one day a week? He revolted. He now hates school and does not want to go back. And tells me this every chance he gets. This could make for a very, very long year. He was a grumpy bear this morning. I hope he and his teacher survive without too many battle wounds today. Trust me, I've said many prayers.

*we were driving down the drive way and he remembered he had not brushed his teeth. Thankfully we had some extra time - u turn in the field. Bless his heart....he had a rough start today between that and crying over his breakfast.

*having said the above, he fell asleep on the way to school this morning. I realized it when it was time to drop him off. He woke up and flew out the door. I'm not sure he even knew where he was. Noah was chasing behind him to make sure he made it to the right room. He could be in Booneville for all I know. {kidding, Aunt J}

*Noah - well, things are going very Noah-ish. No concerns as of yet. He loves it all.

*we are about to start building the barn/studio/office. I'm excited but nervous - I do not enjoy big projects like that at all. Give me a hot glue gun and I'm all over it. Making decisions like this......hurts my head. But, the outcome will be more than worth it I think. I hope anyway!

*Wednesday night services start back tonight. I am excited - just hope Evan will be okay. Because I think the turkey needs to be in bed as soon as he comes home today.

*Before sunrise, I was outside with Molly this morning. Geese flew overhead. A very welcome sound. I saw some on the way to school as well. Ahhhh.....that time of year.

*The boys swam last night, trying to get as much in as we can. That little pool has seriously been the best investment ever. For $400 plus 3 bags of salt - the giggles and fun it has given them has definitely well worth it.

*I get to see my friends tomorrow for lunch! Can't wait!

*I'm off to light a pumpkin candle and get after it for the day....

No comments: