Tuesday, August 10, 2010

{vacation / day 6}

Okay, here is the proof! I did de-robe. Although I greatly cropped this picture ALOT as Scott was playing photographer. ha!






This was the BEST place ever! It was our first time to Shell City Island off of Panama City Beach. It was AMAZING! The park was a little over an hour and then you ferry over to the island which was about a 10 minute trip {we did see dolphins!}

Honestly, the first day was PERFECT. We loved it better than Hawaii or Mexico. We did go back a 2nd time and because of the inland tide, it was quite different than the first day, but every bit as breathtaking.



We found tons of shells and sand dollars. So fun! Evan was in heaven.


We looked up and wow.....a pirate ship sailing by. You just don't see that every day.



Surfing on a sand bar! Evan really thought he had me fooled. But, just 2 feet into the water was a huge wonderful sand bar so the kids were in the water and out all at the same time.
This was Noah at his finest. He was in charge of protecting our "camp." What a life! The great thing was - the beach is pretty much deserted. I'm telling you, it is one of our very favorite places ever.
I didn't even take my good camera, this was the point and shoot. I can't imagine what it would have looked like with my Nikon.


Surfing some more!


You can see the ridge of the sand bar...


Ahhh.......it was wonderful!
Then we detoured on the way home and went to see Rosemary Beach. Apparently Oprah and Michael Jordan have homes there. It was beautiful. And, those were some homes. Wow! We ended up at Seaside for dinner. We were still soaked and sandy. I bought the boys {all 3} some cute shirts from Seaside and we had dinner, ice cream and the boys played and chased each other on the green at the town square.
I need to live there I'm pretty sure.

No comments: