Thursday, August 19, 2010

{i think i can, i think i can, i think i can}


I know I can.

Because I have to.

I think?

Well, I do...because, I missed the homeschool cut-off date.

So, I have to, unless I want to go to jail.

And, I really don't want to.

Enough of that.

I am really not breathing very well here.

It was very obvious to me...this was it...our last day before a new chapter.

He was oblivious, he carried on his day, just like every other.

Bittersweet.

Really bitter.

Really sweet.
So, I took random pictures of how we have spent most of our days over the past year.
It was never mentioned, but he more than fulfilled his lego quota for a week! :)


He built lots and lots of "shooters" that would shoot "2 million miles then blow up". He blew up quite a few. They really did blow up?

Those sweet little hands have logged in hundreds of hours on legos.
So have the teeth, but we won't go there.


He constantly comes to me throughout the day. All day long showing me his new creations and treasures. I won't even tell you how I will miss that!
BIG LUMP.

Another premiere while at my desk.
ahhh...the demonstration. this one crashed in to the wall to the left of him. Our walls have lots of character! lol!

This is what he brought to me when he told me he wanted salad for lunch.
We had salad.
He threw a few impromptu concerts today.
Like most days.
Best part, free admission!


He is convinced that he can convince his music teacher that he absolutely can bypass the piano and go straight to the guitar. His piano teacher informed us that he {piano teacher} is very strong willed. Well, so is E!

I caught these from my desk as they were happening......excuse the plant and lamp fringe to the sides.

I am actually thankful the heat/no air conditioning caused me to move my work station to the living room. I've been missing out on alot! Not sure I will move it back.



He changed? I'm not sure why, but that tends to happen alot with him?

He is finishing up the last of the paperwork that will go to school with him tomorrow.







Notice the empty popcicle sticks?

This is for me. Their folders are ready for incoming and outcoming forms. My entire house is in utter chaos right now because of the air outage, but, my folders are ready.
One for each.

He just HAD to try on his backpack to make certain it was not too heavy for him.

Then he saw the camera and tried to duck. He begged me "DO NOT put that on your blog".
Well, maybe.
He's ready! He asked to sleep with us tonight, so he is snuggled up next to Daddy. Daddy did not complain once.
I will end this here and not get into how my heart is feeling. But, I am excited for him. And, not to overshadow Noah - been there, done that with him and always hate to see the summer end with him as well. But, after 10 years, no baby at home. It's super hard.
So, I am off to clean a little. Not sure I will sleep much. But, I will be praying for our next chapter!
xoxo! I love you boys!
ps. you could have made this easy on me and been not so pleasant to have at home, then maybe I would be able to be excited summer is over like I hear so many moms say in the check-out line. But, nooooooooo you had to make it so hard because you're so stinkin' wonderful to have around. 24/7.

2 comments:

mom of 3 e's said...

love the best friend :) hate this whole school thing. Scott has had the right idea all along...our own home schooling group. & about right now I think Speck would take me going to jail over him going back!

Shannon said...

Yes, that best friend thing came without any prompting - he was quite concerned it would confuse the teacher. He is also convinced that he and your E have no middle names - that they are now officially EW___ and EW___ all one word. yep, I think we could do the co-op thing. My heart is about to break! (for so many reasons, your boys included). This has been the worst start EVER.