Saturday, August 21, 2010

{restoring order}

I am very happy to announce WE HAVE AIR!!!!!! Oh, Happy Day!

Happy, happy, happy, happy day.

We are still sitting at 81 degrees - but, considering how hot it got while they installed over the past 24 hours - it may take a while to get it really comfortable. I'm not complaining because the end is in sight!

I have felt terrible over the last couple days - I think the lack of sleep this past week finally caught up and caused a major crash. But, I am dragging myself up and am now trying to tackle this mess. There is dust and I don't know what in the world 'else' due to the installation. Even the carpets need shampooed d/t some many trips in and out, in and out. I'm drinking some coffee as I gear up for it.

And, we have a mouse. I'm just hoping nothing else got in as they had to cut out the ceiling of the air closet. A mouse is ALL that got in. I am convinced of it. And, the following...I am not kidding one bit...Scott bought TWENTY mouse traps yesterday. TWENTY. We have one mouse. He hates mice worse than me if you can imagine that. They are everywhere. Poor Molly is either having to stay in our laps or be kenneled right now.

I survived E's first day of Kindergarten yesterday. Survived and nothing more. It was much more difficult than I thought it would be and I anticipated it to be horrid. It was. And, more. He did great though! I'll be back to blog on HIS day, not MINE. {wink}

Also, I purchased my first little "project". I'll post pics of that as well. But, I had always spied those rooster lamps on the blogs. I am not a themed kitchen kinda gal, but I do have scattered bunnies and roosters. I try to be a bit subtle with it. Well, subtle with the exception of the HUGE metal rooster on my island. But, the other day at DG - they have a new shipment of mid-sized lamps - some really pretty bases for only $7. I bought a rooster one and a plain red shade. I will 'fluff' up the shade with my hot glue gun and some fringe. I'm thinking it will be easy, mindless and really cute......the price of it even better. ;)

I'm ready for fall to be in the air, but, for whatever reason not to rush the seasons, but I am super-excited about Christmas this year. No idea why? And, on that note I had the boys with me on a quick trip into HL the other day. Noah was disgusted that they still had their Christmas stuff out! ha! I had to inform him it had been pulled back out a couple months ago because Christmas is only 4 months away. He was so confused!

Off to scrub my bathroom. You're jealous I know!

1 comment:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Hooray for air!!! You were not alone today, I cleaned my bathroom too.