Tuesday, August 30, 2011

{raw}

It's been a very emotional day thus far.
I sat in my car with a lump in my throat the size
of a pineapple as a friend who sat in my
back seat dialed the number to a new man in her life.

Not a man she had wished for, prayed for or had hoped for.
This new man in her life is married to the woman who is
having an affair with her husband.  

She never dreamed 3 weeks ago she would be
having this conversation with a stranger who understood
the pain and anguish she is in the midst of.

She never thought she would be here.

Life can be turned upside down for many by 
wrong choices.  As I sat there and listened to the raw
pain that is being experienced by the two spouses
on the phone and their children, my heart broke into
so many pieces.  It's a huge eye opener that even
when things seem untouchable.....we need to always
be on guard with our hearts as well as never get too
complacent {which is sooo easy to do!} in our marriages. 

Very.raw.pain.   

Praying for these families.
 

1 comment:

Tonia Hobbs said...

I am so sorry for everyone involved. I am sure it was a gut wrenching experience.

She did the right thing by making that phone call. He deserved to know. I commend her for being so brave and bold.

I will pray for you as you help her pick up the pieces.