Sunday, July 31, 2011

{on purpose}

I didn't post this yesterday.

On purpose.

It is always SUCH a bittersweet thing. 
And, yesterday in all of the hustle and bustle of work,
I actually had not thought of it yet. Until my brother
reminded me.   My daddy's birthday. 

And, not just any birthday.
A milestone birthday.
His 80th birthday.   

It is so strange to think or type that.
I only knew him for 15 years.
I last knew him when he was 55. 
Yes, he had late in life babies. :) 

That means I've been without him for 25 years.
That really stinks. 
I can't even type it without tears burning my eyes.
And, a huge lump in my throat.

It just really makes me sad.
The only good thing is knowing where he is?
I wonder if he had cake?
It wouldn't surprise me. 
I hope he did. 

I have tears falling on my keyboard.
That is exactly why I stuff so much. 
It's just easier. 
A lot easier. 

Happy Birthday Dad!
I miss you so much my heart could break.

On a happy note.

Yes, there can be happy in the middle of utter sadness.
Yesterday was also my brother and sweet sister in law's
17th wedding anniversary.  

I am VERY proud!
Dad would be VERY proud! 

Psalms 147:3  He heals the broken hearted, binding up their wounds. 

No comments: