Wednesday, December 15, 2010

{back to reality}

Or, sanity if for a moment.

As I saved my last post a sobbing little boy came out of my office with a piece of paper and a yellow magic marker.

All I could {barely} decipher was "I miss Pepaw Buddy".

Huge lump in throat.

I do too.

He was beyond being consoled. No discussions had been occurring about grandpa Buddy; he saw his picture. I hugged him tight and reminded him of how happy he is in Heaven, that he is finally with his beautiful wife, that he is waiting for us.......all of that fell flat to ears that were almost filling with tears.

His reply to all of my offerings...

"BUT, I miss him!"

So, do I.

Desperately.

Then, my tears started falling as fast as his as I wrapped him in my arms.

Last week he did the same thing regarding Grandma Mildred.

We've had alot of loss lately.....Uncle Gibb, Grandpa, Grandma, Diane, John.......too much. As I type this, Scott is being driven to Fianna to sit with his best friend from high school as his mother is likely hours from passing. I remember when Scott and I were dating in high school and we made our last trip to visit that same friend's dad who was dying of a brain tumor. Heartbreaking. It seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all wrapped into one.

It's almost too much to take in.

But, it is puts things in the perspective they should be.....our time is brief.

Not sweating the small stuff rings true.

We need to LOVE with everything we have.

While we have.

No comments: