Thursday, January 14, 2010

{so thankful}

tonight i am very thankful for...

all of my dirty laundry. i know right where it is and i have the water, electricity, detergents and the ease of the extras (aka washer, dryer, fabric softener) to take care of that dirty laundry. who cares if i don't fold it tonight.

my family that made that dirty laundry. with a few exceptions - they are healthy and unharmed, sitting in the warmth of our home. a home that is that is intact and not in crumbles.

our stopped-up toilet. we had phone services that allowed us to call a plumber.

my kids that are arguing over a game. they are safe and within the reach of my arms. they do not have the weight of the world upon their tiny shoulders. they have a mom and a dad - all is well.

my husband who sleeps a couple rooms away. he does not feel his best; but, it could be so much worse. utterly and tragically - so much worse.

the mounds of work i have. i have fingers that can type, a brain that is not injured, and all the conveniences i need to provide for my family.

it is so difficult not to feel immensely guilty. i am not one bit more important than any of them. why them and not me? they are so hurt physically, emotionally and financially.

but, instead of the guilt, i am just trying to put things in a greater perspective and to pray so much for those in need. they have such a long road ahead of them. it's almost too much for me to even take in.

No comments: