Monday, January 11, 2010

{saving}

ok, i've jumped back on the band wagon. at least by my toes. my stock pile is dwindling rather quickly at this point.

today, for about 20 minutes online - and very quick in and out shopping trips i saved...

$10.50 at Sam's straight off at the check-out with that new program (name??) i know, i know - sam's is a bit controversial - but, i swear that we save a ton by buying certain staples as long as i do not buy things that are not on my list. that's the difficult part. and, they have a new program of preferred savings...for example on a 36 roll (that equates to 72 rolls) of charmin after an instant $5 off at the check-out, i paid $12+. I had three items that netted the $10.50. At WM, I checked and a 12 roll of the exact same type (that equates to 24 rolls) was $12+. So, I think that was a pretty decent savings. $24 to be exact, just on the single item. ;)

$31.52 at Wal-Greens + 4.25 in RR for the next trip

$7 at Wal-mart

So, a little over $50 for 20 minutes online and Wal-greens was the only trip that was not on the agenda today - I would have been at Sam's and WM regardless. And, Noah and I were literally in and out of WG's in about 10 minutes. So, not bad for 30minutes. And, with a quick guesstimation, I would think I saved at least another $75 in the bulk savings from Sam's. And, it was on all items I would have bought anyway that typically does not catch big sales....downy, charmin, oatmeal, caprisuns, bacon, etc....


I've decided I am going to put the savings in a separate savings account deemed for summer vacation. $125 to be deposited tomorrow. ;)

I will never be as good as Erin....but, every little bit helps! Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great day! The separate savings acct is a great idea. I don't know if I can be that good :) I do love finding a good bargain!