Monday, January 18, 2010

{reactions}

This weekend was a super-busy, but great weekend. For the most part, I felt like I was in the midst of the craziness I am struggling to get out of - literally rushing from one thing to the next. But, I was thankful to have some very precious moments in between the rush, rush, rush-fest. My favorite - giggling until it hurt as we watched the Chipmunks.

Confessional: I love 'em! I always have and I'm thinking I always will. Scott looked at me like I was absolutely nuts {pardon the pun!}. I have not laughed that much in the longest time. It was great! And, truthfully - it's that silly stuff that makes him love me! My theory, not his declaration. ;)

Sunday I was so torn, I could not get the family to church and be at the Bridal Fest in time. I had not thought that issue out in advance and could not arrange for the boys to get to church anywhere. Total guilt. I rushed from church {early - thank you Justin, Kara and Tonia} and made it to my station in time. The day was 99% wonderful. Until I unintentionally did not make contact with someone who was apparently waiting to speak with me. We had just had a flood of brides and moms and had used up our supply of business and marketing cards - I grabbed and unwrapped another set and with my hands full of trash - apparently walked past a group of women. On my way back to the booth after discarding the trash I had an experience like none other, let me tell you. I suppose the "leader" of the pack got in.my.face. Told me how rude I was, that they had very much considered my work but because I totally ignored them, I would never receive their business. She was inches from my face. If that. I was stunned. And, to be truthful - did not have a clue as to what she was even referencing. Stupid me {when will I learn?} was so shocked - I very softly and politely told her that I had no idea what she was referring to and if I had walked past them, I was so sorry, but my hands were full of trash and I was trying to make it through the crowd to dispose of the trash. She said a few choice words about "trash" - again, inches from my nose - and walked away from me to her group who stood watching this entire exchange.

I wanted to cry, but, I didn't. I wanted to be angry, but I wasn't. I was definitely stunned - maybe that is what helped me to avoid the aforementioned; I'm really not sure. But, regardless and even knowing I had not intentionally done anything - it still bothered me so much. And, even today, I have fretted over it to a small degree.

The humiliation was probably the worst as she did this to me in front of a crowd of people. I could not even look at them after it was over. And, my lack of response was not an act of Godliness - but, again, of utter shock. I wish I could say I intentionally heaped hot coals, or bit my tongue or something, but nope. I was truly speechless! I was definitely caught off guard. And, I have gone over and over the craziness in the moments preceding to see what I could have done to cause such offense...I am clueless, but I guess that doesn't mean I did not somehow offend. Although I really can not comphrehend what caused the extent of that much hostility - the entire situation was ugly.

How to I get myself in these situations? Seriously, I am beginning to think I have some sort of magnetic force about me......or am I truly that offensive? Seriously? I have been in some absolutely made for tv moments and I do not know how in the world I continually get myself in these scenerios?

So, it has led me to some deep soul-searching today. Seriously, what are the odds of that happening? I guarantee you that nothing close happened to another vendor there yesterday. And, I still do not know what happened?

I've got to figure this out......or else, I will probably end up on the news.

I can see the headlines now.....

geez......

No comments: