Monday, January 11, 2010

{addendum to include correction}

I got curious and pulled out old receipts - I actually saved a minimum of $112 today at Sam's. I think the key is to purchase only those things that do not have a very good track record related to coupons or sales.

So, the edited deposit will be $165.

Given, we now have enough groceries for weeks. And, I know I am in the middle of a pantry challenge - but, Noah was COMPLETELY out of lunch and snack foods and beverages. Sadly, that contributed to a big chuck of my Sam's expenditures. But, again, if I had gone in without my list and looked at all of the "goodies" I would have totally blown my savings.

added: one more note, for full disclosure....I spent a total of $162 out of pocket for a TON of things today. Many of which will last for months and into summer. I was out of alot. So, now that our staples are pretty much refilled - I can really sit back and hopefully start stockpiling again.

No comments: