Saturday, January 30, 2010

{i survived}

I braved the elements. TH, look at my zebra print rain boots. You'll see what is under them at the end of this post ;)

total winter wonderland. who could blame them? all of a sudden, it didn't seem quite as cold. they loved it!
as of now, they have not finished mr. frosty. they were too distracted with snowballs! we have no snowman with perfect snowman-building snow!
mr. aspen. poor guy could not see a thing without his glasses. way too bright for his blue eyes.














evan did not expect that much snow to come out of the tree when he shook it.



noah decided to join in. evan cleared the area! e hated getting snow in his face....

see below, more snow in the face. not a happy camper. he didn't mind rolling in it, laying in it, falling in it....but, not the face.
snow.in.the.face......











noah now wants to go mountain climbing in the snow in colorado....ha!

evan was mesmerized by the icicles and actually tried to sneak some in. that would have been fun!
e

joy anyone? it was pure bliss for the boys! wow, it is soooo about the little things.

ahhh...for some reason i just LOVE this picture of E....




I used my pocket camera as I had to wear Noah's gloves {hands could not move} and I was very fearful of flying snowballs {how easily the boys forget the rules, like don't throw a snowball when they are finally in snowball heaven. that would be total cruelty. thus, i did not place that pressure on them :) let the snowballs fly! and, they did!} and i went down once. only once. my little blue camera has been through it in its short little life with us. so quality is terrible, but, there were no worries - so, we had fun. ;)


noah busted it just after this was snapped. as did evan. they get my grace!






the blue eyes and bright whether by snow or sun = squints. he could barely hold his eyes open poor thing.




Homemade ice cream and hot chocolate! What a combination. Noah said at least 10 times, this was THE best day of his life. Evan was calculating how much money we could make if we gathered up all the snow and sold the ice cream at Wally World.












And, it's the above socks that kept all right within the snowball fight! at least they kept my toes warm!

it actually wasn't too terribly bad afterall, I must say! i "froze" many moments in my heart while out there in {my} less than ideal circumstances. we are warming up for now. the pile of clothes is growing. we will be heading back out again soon.....

1 comment:

Tonia Hobbs said...

What a great day! Love the boots, AND the socks! They are so fun lookin'! I havent found me any yet but I am on the hunt!

So So glad you had some fun!!