Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{is it monday? again?}



Well, our little chick celebration ended.  I did find LOTS of blue and
green eggs hidden in the doghouse that sits in the corner of the run.
But, we lost Helen last night.  Helen was the ugliest chicken you
have ever seen; but the kind of ugly that made her too cute for words.
Something happened early on with her that caused her entire face and
beak to be "crooked".  But, she still managed to eat and drink.  Just
yesterday she didn't run to me to get her food and she was staggering a bit.
   I checked on her again yesterday after the rainstorm and
she had tucked herself  into the dog pen. One last check last night and
she was gone.  Evan doesn't know yet.  His heart will be broken again. 

And, Savannah has been throwing up all morning.  I'm trying to see the
positive because I don't know what it is she ate, but obviously it's something
she shouldn't have.  I'm pretty amazed how God designed that back-up
plan.  So, I'll just keep her hydrated and cleaning carpets and dog bedding. 

And, Noah is getting a nasty summer cold rather quickly.  He is moving
very slowly this morning.  I need to accomplish a lot today, but, I am
anticipating a few bumps in the road.  It is nothing tragic thank God, just
knowing today will likely not be a marathon of finishes.  And, despite the
looming deadlines and lateness of things, 
I am hoping to keep my wits about me and not let it get the best of me.
or, them {my little family}.

I should probably chant this all day....

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones."

Prov 17:20




No comments: