Friday, March 11, 2011

{caution: BuSY weekend ahead}

I need to plant all of these.  A flat + of strawberries, cabbage, spinach, white onions {salsa}, lettuce for now.  Oh, and moss. 

I'm planning on planting this 'moss milkshake' around my chicken coop.  Cute packaging anyway.  We shall see......................


Oh, and a little play.  Safety helmet and all.  Brother is helping Mr. John build the storage shed. 


The remaining chicks arrived today.  So, we have 12 total that consists of Ameraucanas,  black and gray bantam and regular silkies {furry legs},  and Buffs.  All very kid-friendly.  At the rate the boys are handling them, if true to their breed, they will likely run and jump into the boys' arms when they see them coming.  IF they survive E's loving.  I found out today they named the smallest silkie bantam "Small Fry", the brown Ameraucana is "Henny Penny" {they heard that from Ang as she had a HP in her past} and the two twin Buffs are "The Girls".   I opt to call them all "The Girls" as I reallllllllllllly don't want to get too attached.  {sigh}


Location of Coop.  We've moved it to the side of the house by our bedrooms in hopes to hear any signs of predators if when they arrive.  We are batting down the hatches {pardon the pun} as tight as we can.


A yard that needs mowed already. 


And, last but not least..........my new accessory. 

The above is just the tip of the iceberg.  I have major orders and edits to finish this weekend along with law firm work.  Let the marathon begin!  Just happy it's a nice weekend!!  

No comments: