Thursday, November 25, 2010

{thankfulness}

wow.

where do i even start?

of course, it goes without saying that we are SOOOO thankful scott got to come home from the hospital today. albeit later than we thought it would be, but home nonetheless. it was sweet how he was greeted with cheers, claps and hugs when he walked through that living room! it's been a really tough week and although it took turns we never anticipated, we are thankful it was not worse. it could have been much worse. we were very close to that "much worse", but, glad the majority of it is behind him. he is not to the smooth sailing days yet, but he will get there. he is on our bed sleeping soundly for the first time in weeks right now. such a comforting thought!! and, in that same thought, i am reminded that so many are still on the other side of so many hospital doors. my heart hurts and prays for them tonight.

my family really came together to help us over the last week and to pull off today. we had talked about simply postphoning thanksgiving, but scott was insistent. he typically wouldn't mind to avoid the entire thing, but, i think the situation of late gave him a new perspective on that. i couldn't have made dinner happen today without them. so appreciative.

of course, i am so, so thankful for my friends. true, true friends that will literally drop everything to help you out. i feel like to overly abuse that system with all of our needs, but, i am hoping to someday repay that. in this recent turn of events, i received the numerous texts when i would be at my wits end, so many sweet calls, precious visits {brad carrying me in a sonic coke just hours before his own surgery!!} and of course mandi who saved the day{s} by taking care of my boys. and, the icing, with justin driving them home for me today so i could stay put and attack a very unplanned dinner. the friends that i have close to my heart each provide me with a tremendous gift as i know that if my children are in their care, i have no worries. that is priceless. i have had alot of friends in my life. different friends for different seasons. some will be with me for a lifetime and others have taken paths in different directions. but, for my here and now......i am BEYOND blessed! my heart actually swells with my thankfulness. each of them bring something different and special to my life. SUCH a blessing!!

so thankful for God's provisions. our home, food within reach, and the ability to be able to work in areas that allow flexibility for my family. for whatever reason i have had that opportunity because i know that so many do not, i am thankful. i think one of God's biggest blessings to my life was when doors were opened for me to stay home given the situation after the accident.

thankful for my family. my brothers have become such huge, important, stable aspects of my life. they are so, so good to me. they are my 2 am calls. i have very special aunts and uncles and cousins who are true pieces of my heart.

thankful for my precious family members that have passed on. it's amazing how death does not take the love with it. i am very thankful for the legacy that has been left to me. i hope i can uphold it in a way that would make each of them proud!

but most of all......i am thankful for my precious savior. i am thankful for a country where i can freely worship Him. i am thankful that He holds me close. i am thankful that He is real.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Let Christmas begin!

Well, maybe tomorrow. ha!

No comments: