Sunday, November 28, 2010

{new find}

my first attempt was soooo good, i had to share!

i LOVE crock pots. so i am always looking for new recipes and have several cookbooks. however, several weeks ago i picked up a copy of "Fix-It and Forget-It Our Best Slow-Cooker Recipes 2010" i flipped through and noticed it contained recipes i would actually cook.

so, today i tried easy creamy chicken and put it on before church. it got a two thumbs up by all of my boys which is MAJOR in this house. it will definitely be a frequent flyer here!

Easy Creamy Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Lemon pepper to taste
103/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
3 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
8 oz container of sour cream

1. place 4 chicken breasts in bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. {i was leary about the lemon pepper. but, i think it is one of the key tastes in making it so good}
2. combine soup and cream cheese in a bowl. When blended, fold in sour cream.
3. pour half of the sauce over chicken breasts in slow cooker.
4. repeat steps 1 and 3.
5. cover and cook on high 2-4 hours or until chicken is tender.

I served with mashed potatoes, but would also be great with rice or pasta. Prep took less than 10 minutes and it was wonderful to come home to a wonderful meal ready and waiting for us. Just wanted to share!!!

3 comments:

meeksmiles33 said...

Thank you for sharing. I am going to try this one. I love my crockpot and I use it a lot.

Erin said...

Absolutely delish!! My family loved it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

Wasn't it THE best! Could cut it with a fork! 1) SUPER easy and quick 2) YUMMY and 3) totally loaded with fat and calories. ha! Glad you enjoyed it! If I have future success with the cookbook will share more.