Monday, November 1, 2010

{sigh}

and alot of tears today.

"Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.""
Revelation 14:13 New International Version


We said goodbye to two incredible ladies today. My eyes are burning. My heart is heavy. But, I am happy that their sweet lives graced mine. I feel very blessed.

Sweet, sweet Mildred passed on this morning. Yes, we knew it was coming....but, you know...you are never really ready to let them go. My heart breaks for my father-in-law. The exhaustion from the past few weeks has taken its toll on everyone. Tonight everyone has snuck away to their homes to try and steal away as much rest as their hearts will allow. Above all of the love and devotion she gave to our family, I will be eternally grateful for the fact that it was she and her husband who took Scott and his sister to church; where they began their relationships with Christ. I cannot put into words how much that means to me. She and Bennie literally laid the foundation for my family and generations to come. Thank you sweet, Mildred! I love you so much!

This afternoon, feeling totally torn between two families, I attended a funeral of one of my cousins. A truly beautiful woman inside and out. Her testimony sets the bar exceedingly high for all of us. Our family will never be the same without her, but without a doubt her legacy will definitely live on. And, in her situation, it feels like life was cut way too short. But, in reality, it was just as He knew it would be. Although we would have written different chapters for this part of her life, her story continues. Just not here with us. And, wouldn't you love to be known for your smile??? She was and always will be.

I could go on and on about both...but, it's almost been too much to take in for one day. Tomorrow...details will be made, more tears will be shed, explainations will be given again to two crying boys....but, in the midst of all of the grieving, I am very thankful to even have known them.

2 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

I am very sorry. Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING.

Mom2Three said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers...let me know if there is anything I can do.