Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{a million miles to there}

I didn't want to take anything from E's milestone this morning, so, this is a separate entry. But, here I sit at 12:30 p.m. having just walked through the door a bit ago beginning to start my work day. Now. At 12:30 p.m.

Only to leave again in less than 2 hours as E is receiving a much-deserved new Lego set from his eventful morning. Then, we will pick up big brother from school and complete homework, an early dinner and head to the ball field in the Fort for a 6 pm practice. Oh, yeah and Scott probably needs to drop in at the walk-in clinic before then.

My to-do list is SCARY. There are major things on there that are in desperate need of completion, but I have literally had no spare moments. I type that and I immediately feel guilty about going out with my girlfriends Saturday evening. But, that pretty much fell into the have-to-for-sanity category. I'm not exaggerating there. So, I won't beat myself up too bad for that one.

However, in my moments of panic over all of the things that are needing to be done and the fact I lost 1/2 of my day yesterday to an MD appointment.......there was a great amount of enjoyment in our morning post-injections.

After our trip out of the Boonville clinic, we needed to make a dash to "somewhere" between Mansfield and Hartford to pay a man for a saw blade that was used on the barn. We took back roads. Lots and lots of back roads. Scott used to know those roads very well when he was at UPS. Ugh. Not so much anymore. And that was starting to panic me because I knew it was taking us much longer.

But, when I finally settled down and forgot about that list of things that were not getting done and actually took in the sights, it was amazing. Dirt road, crumbling barns (so many!), rock-bed creeks, fields and fields of flowers.....ahhhh....it was wonderful. We finally came out somewhere north of Waldron. We grabbed a quick lunch at Sonic and headed to "somewhere" between Mansfield and Hartford and paid the man.

Now I am at home and ready to tackle this list because I know that at the end of it.....I'll be having a lot more mornings just like that - without a list waiting for me!

Thanks for the detour! I sooooo needed it. Just wish big brother could have been with us...

No comments: