Sunday, April 18, 2010

{checking in}

before I check out! ha!

Seriously, the next 5-6 weeks will be beyond chaotic-crazy. So, I will likely just be popping in. Remember those big changes that are coming......I'm sure you're figuring it out. :)

Some tidbits from this weekend. {where did it go???}

*Tackled a major portion of some pesky insurance paperwork on Friday and all.day.yesterday. That little stent included trips to FIVE pharmacies. Hopefully all that will be wrapped up by Wednesday. Such a pain, but such a necessity. I have now been included in that pre-existing category. 3 out of the 4 of us. Sad, but could be SO MUCH worse. The four of us are literally going to pray over the application before it gets taken to the Post Office! I am not kidding.
*Had dinner and a movie with sweet girls last night! Didn't know I would get to go until about 45 minutes before I had to leave. Not certain I decided to go, but Scott pretty much scooted me out the door. Let's just say the aforementioned insurance paperwork did not have me in the best mood. I think they were all three happy to see me go! And, glad I did. Even if the movie was incredibly sad....the company was incredibly wonderful. God has definitely blessed me with some wonderful ladies.
*Loved watching the boys play in the rain today. They had a blast! And, I'm sure the laughs they gave me increased the facial wrinkles, but definitely erased some stress. Always a good thing!
*Mt. Laundry did not appreciate the above. They have had a total of 3 baths today and Molly is still in line for one. I'm not sure there is a clean/dry towel in the house at this point.
*Decluttering the house in 10 minute stents. I am trying to "simplify" EVERYTHING. I FORCED myself to rid my closet of 10 more things. That is after I had pared it down in a big way. Have not decided if I will attempt to garage sale it or donate. I can only imagine the work in a yard sale (never had one!), so I tend to lean toward donating. Advice girls? Who am I asking, all of you brave girls do GK!?!
*Our goal to get home ASAP after church today - even skipping lunch with friends did not end so well. In Scott's mad dash to retrieve my short list of items for lunch at WM - the cart got away from him and hit a Suburban. Very expensive lunch. We tracked down the owners and gave them our information. They were very sweet about it. It just about did poor Scott in.
*Counting down the days until school is out. I have big plans this summer to inhale my boys. Cannot wait.
*I think everyone is sick of me talking about the kettle bell. But, one more PSA - they have 5# bells at Academy. Just sayin'.

Some of my mini-changes I've implemented or changed in trying to decompress a bit...some, I've had in place for a while but am trying to do even better......
*no talking on cell phone with family in car unless it is an absolute have-to. Noah reminds me of this one quite well. And, that goes for dinner time as well.
*attempting to sleep more. Although I've totally wrecked my pattern, it's taking a while to get back on track.
*exercise.
*family dinners at the table are still a huge hit. The kids are opting to bypass fast food as long as we can get home fairly quick for a grilled cheese. As long as it is at the table. They don't require elaborate, but they love together. The little prayers they say (or long prayers actually) melt my heart!
*as mentioned, purging the house in a big way in small increments. Spring cleaning may be done by Christmas.

Bye for now!

No comments: