Sunday, April 4, 2010

{Happy Easter!}

It was a very simple and quiet Easter. Something we actually look forward to around here of late as it has seemed like we are back on the go full force right now. It was somewhat bittersweet as Scott got up and was almost ready for church and then a migraine hit. We saw very, very little of him today. It was a great church service. The boys did great sitting through "big church" although E got a little squirmy toward the end.

We made a quick trip home and I got Easter dinner on the table and Mimi and Poppie came over to join us. It was pretty traditional with ham, {pioneer woman} mashed potatoes, rolls, veggies, etc. but, I did add a Paula Deen Strawberry Cake that was a huge hit. Well, for everyone except Evan - he tends to stay away from desserts. If only his mommy could! But, it was a sweet, very relaxed lunch.

The boys and I (yep, me too, they hid them from me) hid and hunted Easter eggs. It was such a pretty day!
I love this! I made them cover their eyes until they could get started as I knew big brother would make a wild dash to whichever direction we were heading for the Easter eggs. All smiles and very serious. ;)

And, it was on!











Happy Easter everyone! The lunch and eggs were fun. Even that gray bunny Noah spotted in our front yard this morning. But, the true meaning of today is what matters! I was total tears today in church. So amazing!

5 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Cake looks amazing! Egg hunt looks like a BLAST!!

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to hire you to take my kids action pictures! So cute!

Mom2Three said...

OK, I didn't get to see the dress, so where is the pic of you in the dress?? Sounds like you had a great day! Wish Scott would've felt better!

meeksmiles33 said...

I am with HG. I want to see the dress as well. You always look great!!!

Shannon said...

I have no pictures of the dress. Besides the one looking down at my 'elf' shoes. Nothing spectacular - off the clearance rack, remember. :)