Sunday, November 9, 2008

{vows}

First of all, little E is still sick. :( So, the fact I had a wedding out of town yesterday just compounded my guilt by not being able to stay home with him. But, he was in the good hands (and arms, I understand) of his Mimi Mouse. Let's just say....lots and lots of snuggling.

Before I forgot, I wanted to remind myself of something that was said during the ceremony yesterday. To set the stage, it was a massively bittersweet day. The groom's father had passed away unexpectedly one month ago. You can imagine. When the groom lit a candle in his father's honor - I lost it as did every other person in the church. Every moment was hard to be fully happy, because it was so obvious that such a strong part of this family was missing. A true role model of marriage to this new couple. The ceremony itself took on more of a personal note than any I have ever attended before. At one point, the minister was discussing "life" and all of the ups and downs, tragedies, losses, happiness, mountains, etc, etc, they will face as a couple. Then he made one simple but, profound statement....

"There will be many moments when it will not be the vows you keep, but the vows that keep you."

Isn't that so true? I LOVE that.

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

That is something to think about...thanks for sharing.