Thursday, November 6, 2008

{reality check}

I often let myself get so caught up with so many things that are so far from being important. At the moment, they seem to be huge, but in reality they are clearly not. I worry, I fret, I get angry over things that just do not matter. Absolutely do not matter. Aspects of those things do, but, other intertwined aspects do not. For those things, I just need to remember to pray and let go. And, let go quickly.

And, without disclosing any details, it is when I get an email from a mother of a little boy (both of whom I have fallen in love with) that he has another health fight ahead of him. It caught me off guard this time. And, he's always such a little trooper. We could all learn so much from him. It is a moment like that in which I come back to my senses. I see what truly matters in this life. And, how I need to be responsive to the things that matter, not the things that take away.

So, B and family - you are my heros. Each one of you, because I know how a health crisis affects every family member. B - you are my SUPERhero. I am very blessed to know you, each of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your friends, Shannon.

I could have written your first paragraph! I hope you are feeling better. Sometimes it is so hard to focus on the good things and so easy to get weighed down by the things that don't matter. I don't like feeling that way and I certainly have felt that way recently. I'm ready to just be happy! Thanks for the gentle reminder. :)