Thursday, November 6, 2008

{i.am.thankful}

for so many things. alot has happened in the last few weeks to give me a new perspective.....it's that time of year to reflect.

1. i am thankful for my family. a family that forever i didn't think i would have; at least according to all of the statistics.
2. i am thankful for scott. although life has been quite difficult the last few years, again, we've beat the odds at what the physicians told us would happen to "us". another testament, that there is someone alot bigger than the medical world.
3. my precious boys. they are my heart. i truly could not ask for more.
4. my sweet, precious friends; both old and new. i know i've mentioned it before, but it's so true. (didn't mean to rhyme) i'm not sure i could have made it through so much without each of you. (oops, i did it again! that sounds terrible!!) but, seriously, each of you have given me so much in ways you have no idea. i'm very, very thankful.
5. my brother. he has been my rock. thank you for my sweet B.
6. my 'sister', angela. there simply are no words. you KNOW me; the good, the bad, the ugly... and you still love me.
7. "de cousins" and you know who you are. even though we do not get to see each often nearly enough.....i think about you constantly and miss you even more.
8. my dad. i'm thankful i had you as long as i did. on certain, random days, i miss you so much it hurts. "your truck" is hanging on several walls. :) who would have thought?
9. my sweet, sweet, precious grandpa. how did i get so lucky? you took a big piece of my heart with you. i miss you everyday.
10. my grandmother, for opening her home to me.
11. the home we have built for the boys. nothing extravagant by any stretch, but a place they feel save and loved. and, alot of room outside to run! :)
12. for a job, that as stressful as it may be at times, allows me to take care of my family from home.
13. for my church family. it's amazing how arms have been opened.
14. no kidney obstructions, tumor growth, the health of my family and friends.....

and, it goes without saying WHO i am thankful to for all of the above and so much more. YOU have given me so much.


Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

Beautifully written, Shannon. We all have so many that have touched our lives and much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing!