Thursday, November 13, 2008

{shannon, who?}

Total loss of identity. Today as I walked out of the school, I heard in a very, very loud voice/yell "NOAH's mom!!!!" And, of course, I flipped around without even a thought. It was one of the sweet women who opens the doors for the children in the car rider line. Today, our little car pooler had left his backpack in my backseat and apparently realized it when he started down the sidewalk. I had no space to pull over, so I drove over to the next lot and walked it in. No big deal at all, but, she was apologetic that she didn't catch me in time.

What she doesn't know is that I teared up as I walked to my car. How truly, truly blessed I am to be his mom. My heart almost burst. Or, maybe it did a little.

2 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Shannon, you are a doll.

Anonymous said...

I was waving at you too. :) I was dropping off JB as all of that was happening.