Friday, May 13, 2011

{bounty}

Since the rain, rain and more rain has literally made my garden a weed filled,
mud pit...instead of throwing in the towel, I've decided to dive back in. 

Well, then it rained last night.

So, that little thought will have to wait until I do not sink to my knees.

Again.

 I decided to appreciate what I had out there instead of how 
terrible it all looks.

Then,  I saw Jen's beautiful garden.{sigh}

I won't even go look at Angela's. 
It took me a bit, but here our little mud mess is in all of its glory. 

Or, at least the glory that should have been. :)

Below is a bowl of fresh spinach that our deer and rabbit
were kind enough to leave for us.

Yeah, that fence is still on the to-do list.

 

But, it was YUMMY!  And, there really is something about
growing it yourself that is very rewarding.

Below is the dill that is awaiting the cucumbers that drowned
in their own hills.


And, the raspberries are doing fairly well.


Although the strawberries are growing back, I'm not sure
it will be in time to get much of a harvest. 


The plant below is a pink lemondade raspberry bush.  I have
a few of those, can't wait to see what they do. 
Or, taste actually. 


Below are Evan's collard greens.  I'm thinking I have alot of washing in my future.


The boys love checking out the cabbage.  I must
admit, it is pretty fun to watch it take shape. 



Some romaine lettuce. 


And, my poor drowned out snap dragons. 


The cucumbers are perking up. 
The peas are grabbing hold to the trellis.
The chickens are loving the radishes.  
The onions are everywhere. 
The blackberries are producing.
The tomatoes are blooming. 
The flowers are recovering from way too much water. 

And, the grass is everywhere!  

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

No comments: