Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{beauty find}

This is a quick but fun one.

I am naturally a bare-nails kind of girl.

But, then I see nails everywhere that look so cute and make me curl my fingers 
to hide mine.  I do not have oh so lovely hands.  They need all of the help they
can get.   I wore acrylics for a little over a year recently and totally ruined my nails.
Since that time, I have gone to a salon in an attempt to get them back into shape. 
Initially they would not even "take" an at home polish because they were so
ridged, thin, peeling.......just in very poor shape.  Thankfully, all of the damage has
grown out.  And, even to go in for a polish is around $10 a week or $17 every two
weeks for shellac.  And, add the time/gas of getting there.  I had to come up with Plan B. 

Initially my problem was the fact they would chip within a day.  What was the point?
And, honestly, I have actually come to really like the look of a little polish.  

I had tried everything from OPI, China Glaze, Sally Hansen and everything in between. 
Well, almost everything. I started to explore the world of drugstore nail polishes and 
saw rave after rave of the Essie brand.   They are definitely more pricey that some of typical
ones carried in the grocery store at around $7-8 dollars a bottle.  BUT, let me tell you....I
am loving them!  I am not sure what is with the applicator but it goes on so smooth that
it looks like I've had them manicured.  And, they are lasting so much longer.  Which is
huge.  I cannot paint my nails every day.  And, the colors are so fun!  I must say that
I have only used it with Sally Hansen Mega Shine Topcoat (it dries in 60 sec) - but that
also received rave reviews.   Tip:  make certain the polish is DRY before applying Top Coat.

I didn't and I learned fast! 

Another great thing, apparently short nails are in.  

I can use all the help I can get!

My next post will be something that has been HUGE for me!  I think it will be one of my tried and true favorites I will always have on hand.   Great, great product! 


No comments: