Thursday, December 4, 2008

{a work-in-progress}

Our night designated for decorating was a flop. Evan fell asleep and when he awoke....C.R.A.N.K.Y. Scott had a migraine and was sleeping.........C.R.A.N.K.Y. So the Christmas music got zapped. Noah was VeRy enthusiastic. A little too enthusiastic. But, then, he finally pooped out on me. Since, I have been adding a few ornaments here and there when I walk by. Our living room still has boxes/tubs, a ladder at the moment. I am determined that by Friday night our tree will be finished....so we can enjoy our camp-out.

Still working on it & pardon the mess!

Lights, camera (in hand)......


NO action!! :) But, oh how sweet!

"the wall" - also a work in progress as it will always be, I guess :)

I buy the boys new ornaments every year, they are the first to go on the tree. Over look Evan's dire need for a haircut. Of note, an appointment with Ms. Krystal was made today!








Two monkeys for two monkeys.












Still not finished, but, inching forward...
& not a pretty tree with ribbons and bows...I gave up on that. I'll just go to my friends homes to ohhh and ahhhh. I'm just about getting it up at this point. But, notice that large out of place ornament with the blue on it...Evan's tiny little 4 month old foot. Ahh... We still have to make our homemade for this year.





The mantel is totally different this year, I used stuff I had, with the exception of the polka-dot SANTA sign. Very fun and whimsical. Okay, and a bit gaudy. I should rename this the gaudy blog. That's me! I love color a bit too much. But, isn't it fun?? And I can somewhat get away with it at Christmas. {wink, wink}





I have an addiction for plates I've determined. And, rugs, but that's another story.






The last two years I have actually not really purchased any new decorations, so I have to "shop" in my attic. But, that's even fun!
I'll post more as I add it. Or who knows, this may be it? I'm certain after the Home Tour this Sunday, I'll be ready to go again!

3 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Oh my! Your tree and mantel are gorgeous...hope you're not disappointed when you get to my house on Sunday! "The Wall" is looking great too!

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get those cute little monkey ornaments? You know me....copy cat!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see your house!!! I got the monkey ornaments at Holiday Market - I just got those and the Elf. So cute. She also had big ones just like it, but I had ordered those others (which they now have at Wal-mart).

Philip said...

Everything is looking great. The tree is looking great and you gotta love those sock monkeys!