Tuesday, December 2, 2008

{guy stuff}

I hate car trouble. I don't think guys like it, but, I really, really detest it. I would pretty much do anything else besides deal with car difficulties. And, thankfully they haven't even been that bad - my schedule is just not allowing much room for repair. Nor does the idea of a tire shop/ brake shop for hours with two boys sound like a ball of fun. A month or so ago, tires had to be replaced. One week later, a flat - back to the tire shop, a nail. A leak of some sort last week, to the shop, nothing significant; thankfully, but got the oil changed while I was there. And, tires aired up as two were low. Hmmm....but, they held. Friday night, had to air them up. Saturday morning - flat as a pancake. No one to easily help get me back and forth, so it remained flat until Sunday night. Leaking valve, tightened. This morning, loss of 10 pounds of pressure. This evening, tire shop that yielded a diagnosis of not only a nail but, a screw also. AND.....brake pads that needed to be replaced ASAP. Remember the tire replacement one month ago? They were fine? So, brake job added to the tire repair. Oh, let's throw in a rotation as well.We should be good for 72 hours. And, truly, I shouldn't even be complaining. All it boils down to is that I HATE dealing with car stuff. I'm very much a girl in that department.

Added: let me make note of the nice shop I took it to. The brake pads were so thin it really needed to be done. Again, I had no idea there was even a problem. It was late and they were about to close, so instead of me having to bring it back tomorrow - they stayed there late and fixed it for me. It could have been much worse, I could have been typing Part II tomorrow.

1 comment:

the alder boys said...

OMG! I totally feel your pain! I HATE to take my car into the shop! I am so sorry! I really feel for you!