Sunday, December 28, 2008

{he survived}

barely. but, he did! (Evan that is)

I have alot of catching up to do on the posting but it has been a crazy weekend. We tried to fit some fun in for the boys which always seems to backfire of late. Scott made it through Christmas morning (yea!) and early afternoon until the medication got the best of him. He missed Christmas with my family that evening. He literally slept from Christmas afternoon until yesterday. The deep, almost scary kind of sleep. We paged the doctor on Saturday and it was decided the med they have been working to get him on in hopes the side effects would be fewer needed to be stopped. So, they are titrating him down from that. He actually got out and about with us for awhile yesterday and that went fairly well, but, he did not do well last night. He is either asleep or cannot sleep. I have hated this last medication, but am sad that another attempt did not work given the hope that we had, but so glad he is being taken off of it. I'm just a little heartsick over the whole thing this morning. I appreciate all of the sweet prayers (Philip - yours made me cry!). It is just so hard sometimes and I am not even the one living with the pain and all of the other things that come along with it. Just keep him in your prayers. I am NOT giving up hope. And, now that getting the med out of his system will go more smoothly than it did going in.

2 comments:

Philip said...

So glad the whole family was able to be together Christmas morning.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying about the medications, Shannon. I'm glad you guys had a Happy Christmas. :)