Wednesday, December 3, 2008

{reluctant receipt}


Do you ever get those gifts that your just not sure of. Well, my poor mother is notorious in the gift giving department. She will buy something and take it back, buy something different then exchange it multiple times before whatever birthday or holiday it is; she is known for her fretting.
Well, I was a little surprised at my b/d gift last year. It was a little gaudy. I don't really like what it cooks, but, it was thoughtful. And, she had only purchased 7 things prior to it. Well, it has turned out to be one of my very favorite gifts ever. It can't help but bring out the kid in you a tad. And, it tucks away nicely when not in use, but, the brightess of it makes it even more fun for the boys. Which of course makes it more fun for me.
I have been decorating the tree since Monday. Well, I started Monday, did not finish it Monday and it still sits there. Pitiful. But, in order to fully enjoy "the plans" I think I am holding off for finishing it this weekend so we can stay up late and enjoy our "camp-out" complete with hotdogs and marshmallows (fireplace), sleeping bags and the twinkling lights (thanks again, Coston Family!) But, Noah was still wanting hotdogs, so I pulled out my trusty roaster and yum! I don't even like them - but they taste like ball park dogs!!!
So, I guess the point of this post was.....simply - it turned out to be a GREAT gift for our family - just something to keep in mind during this gift-giving season.
Do I promote products or what?


No comments: