Wednesday, December 31, 2008

{finally, no more talk}

like i don't have a bagillion things to do. i'm really not certain how i will ever use it. but, i've always wanted one and i finally picked up one today. nothing to make you gasp.....simply a sewing machine. weird i know. and, the thing is, i really can' t sew. i was 'too busy' in high school to even consider home ec. i took a class with a friend several years back - it didn't go so well, but, i learned the basics of the basics. my first project will be quite simple and green. i bought cute fabric (i think that will be the best part) to make cotton napkins in an attempt to cut down on paper towel usage. i actually weighed out the water usage for laundry v. papertowels. the papertowels lost as we go through way to many here. so, i may not accomplish much but, i may save a tree in the process. and, i do have a very, very cute apron pattern with extremely cute material. everyone may be getting an apron next christmas! or, a set of cotton, earth-friendly napkins. maybe. will keep you posted!

addendum: oh yeah, and pj's - i can makes lots and lots of pj's. my normal daily attire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I love to sew, when I have time and making aprons is my favorite. :) I can't wait to see yours and your napkins sound so cute. Also, I know you have an awesome family member who can help you out with the sewing machine for sure. :)

Tonia Hobbs said...

I have been waiting for your precious hands to type something! A new venture for the New Year! I love it! Sewing will be so much fun. I would love to learn. . . but my mother-n-law loves it so much. Why would I rob her of her joy? LOL!!