Friday, July 2, 2010

{sigh}

Well, my big surprise for Evan for his birthday got cancelled tonight. Several of the Jonas Brothers Concerts were cancelled - Little Rock being one of them.

I was initially very sad, but, reminded myself it was just a concert.

I went ahead and broke the news to the little guy as I have been totally playing along and asking him how to even get tickets. He had no idea I already had them. I anticipated heartbreak from him as well.

Nope.

His face was filled with a grin from ear to ear as he looked over his cancelled tickets.

No disappointment at all.

He was just thrilled that I had tried, even if it didn't work out in the end.

He accepted the fact that we would try to catch them the next time around.

He is carrying around those worthless tickets as if they were...

golden tickets.



He taught me a great lesson tonight.

Thanks, E!

No comments: