Monday, July 5, 2010

{priceless}

Yesterday while we were having the huge family celebration at Shawn's house for the 4th, my cousin Jerry, his wife Shannon and Hannah came by for a while.

{it was also Jerry's birthday, btw}

But, I always am so excited to get to spend time with him. I really adore him. The night he returned from Afghanistan is one I will never forget. It will truly stay with me forever.

Well, that was even trumped yesterday. He brought Shawn and I flags that were flown in the fighter jets during a mission on April 26th. He had them framed beautifully. I was literally speechless. I toted that huge frame around for all 70+ people to see I think. I will post pictures when I get it hung.

Words cannot tell how much it means to me. It is truly one of my most prized possessions now. It's one of those grab when your house is burning to the ground kind of things.

A treasure.

Just like him!


As painful as it was when his wife grabbed the camera - I'm glad she did.

No comments: