Thursday, September 9, 2010

{snippets}

No pun intended. And, no this is not another post about my hair trimming disaster.

The world tilted a bit, I just know it.

But, now that I've mentioned it, let me start by saying.....

*sweet Amber repaired the damage. And, she assured me that it really wasn't that bad. I guess, considering what she has probably seen {especially by way of children's hands and scissor experiences}, mine did not take any awards. THANK.GOD.

*end of the hair saga.

*today is Scott's 4th day to be down. 3 with a migraine or headache {they are very different, he has taught me that} and this morning we were at the MD's office by a few minutes after 8 am - he has an URI. Lovely. I am realllly trying not to pull my hair out.

*let me just interject here, sweet Molly is laying at my feet. :)

*speaking of sweet Molly. She found her bark. Twice. We heard it about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard it since. But, she has started crying. :( I have had to kennel her more than usual due to Scott being in bed and me at this stinkin computer...and she's been bored and has had another upset stomach {finally figured out it was the new treats}. That is not a good combo when you are immersed in a report and she has been standing at the door for 5 minutes without me realizing it. Not good at all. So, she is not liking her crate when she is a mere 3 feet from me in my office and doesn't understand. Scott said last night, it's like having a baby that you know will never grow up. There is good and bad to that I guess?

*pray that this trial settles. It is sucking the life out of me.

*ww update: down 6.5# in a week and a half. I "dabbled" in the program before I went back online with it. Hasn't been too bad. And, the fact my jeans are fitting better - a great incentive.

*still contemplating that fast I mentioned. It will be painful. Very, very painful. And we're not even talking food!

*Evan is doing better with school & Noah is loving it. Noah found out he moved up another reading level yesterday. I think that was the last one. Very proud of him! Sports, not his thing, but academics definitely. Evan on the other hand...I'm thinking the complete opposite will be true for him. So far, we're off to a good start. Just missing them like crazy!

*weekend at The Lodge in November. Very excited. This is completely PITIFUL, but that is the first time I've booked anything like that since the kids have come along. I know that one of the very best things we can give the boys is a healthy marriage that makes time for each other. I'm trying!

*loving the weather! thankful for the rain!

*think I'll venture into the attic today.

and, from one of my very favorite authors...

God will always give you everything you need to do his will, including time. Don't live in a rush.


Elisabeth Elliott

Love that!

No comments: