Sunday, March 28, 2010

{treasures}

All of you know that I have a very, very blessed friendship with Angela that I've had for years and years. We have been through so much together. We both are very thankful to God because I think it is a rarity. I also have many other dear friendships that I treasure deeply; for those I am very grateful as well. God has blessed me tremendously and I do truly appreciate that.

But, seriously, how do you gauge a friendship that is weighed by the requirement that you have to cheer lead them on no matter the choices they are making? Back to Angela and I, I value it so deeply that if she were doing something that was clearly wrong - I would totally call her out on it. And, I would completely expect for her to do the same for me. That IS real friendship defined. This complacency in which we have all jumped on the band wagon of being "politically correct" in order not to offend is literally killing me! We are totally losing sight of the truth. How in the world will our children even have a clue? It terrifies me to my core.

There is a huge difference in judging someone and seeing actions that are clearly right or wrong. I'm sorry, but the colors of black and white do really exist, and I get the fact that so does gray. But, black and white are easily seen. You can't cover it with a white-wash, it doesn't work. And, it makes the entire situation so incredibly hard when it is someone you genuinely care about and love. It makes the synapse fire haphazhardly and more often than not, mine completely misfires. And, the perception of that can.totally.spiral. Not a good thing.

Why are we expected to support whatever the choice, no matter? HOWEVER, that doesn't mean we no longer love or care for them. If we counter the choices in any manner, even by pulling back and being silent, we are suddenly deemed as not being a true friend. The choices and actions do not make me love or care for that friend any less. Even if they think it does. It makes me want to hug them tighter. I won't apologize for loving them, but I will disagree if the need arises. Maybe that love I have for them is why it hurts so much to see so many trails of devastation.

And, for that, I am not sorry. I am sorry for the lies that Satan weaves. It makes my heart sick.
There has just been so much of late, it actually feels like the sky is falling. And, in the immense feelings above, do not think for a second that I have placed myself or my husband or my family on a pedestal higher than yours. I have my own demons, they may just be different than yours. But, I am committed to working on mine. The only true blueprint I know to follow and completely trust is His word.

Sin is sin and whether it is socially gauged differently it is still sin. I am in a constant struggle within my own walls to "be kind" (thank you Uncle Paul - that will never be forgotten), avoid belittling, degrading - oh, believe me, the list goes on and on. If I ever entertain the thought {pride} that I am a pedestal of any kind - trust me, I am quickly knocked off. And, rightfully so. So, please do not think for a second that I have any false sense that my family and I are perfect. We are so far from it you have no idea. But, if I can personally make better choices day by day....I am thankful.

So, please do not think I am not your true friend, if I can't encourage certain decisions. I actually love and care for you more than you know. That is why it can hurt so much.

No comments: