Thursday, March 4, 2010

{another demise}

I saw a friend today. She and her husband of 16 years are separated. A total shock to me. As we stood there in the grocery store it broke my heart as she explained how she married so young and just really needed some "me time" at this point. And, she knows her husband will not wait for her forever, and that is a risk she is willing to take.

It got worse.

When I told her that I was going to pray for an amazing restoration, one that was beyond her wildest dreams.

My stomach lurched as I saw her reaction. It was as though I had just thrown cold water in her face or even worse, spit on her.

She told me very quickly..."No, do not pray we get back together. I don't want you or my mom praying for that. Just pray that it all works out for the best."

"I again, told her that was what I was praying for." She reminded me that is not a prayer she wants prayed for them.

My.heart.breaks.

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

Wow! That is heartbreaking. Sounds like she has her mind made up to do it "her" way, regardless. So sorry!