Monday, January 19, 2009

{please pray for harper}

it is SUCH a small world. I first read of this situation on my friend, Sharon's blog. I immediately went over and read the story and my heart was broken - at the time it was very grim news. This is a couple who worked through the valleys of infertility and overcame that with Harper's pregnancy. As far as I can tell, the pregnancy seemed very uneventful, so the problems that little Harper faced immediately after delivery were likely quite a shock. Arkansas Children's NICU was full, so she had to be flown to Tulsa. She is still in very critical condition, but stable. They are leaning toward cardiac problems, but she has been too critical to even begin the testing.

As I looked through her precious, sweet blog to get more of their "story" I ran across a picture of a family that I had photographed from Bentonville for the Celebrating Adoption program I'm involved in. They were also in the same Sunday School class. Again, a small, small world. I know that I can get really caught up in reading blogs and have to reign myself in from time to time, but, it can be such a powerful and amazing tool. There are literally hundreds of thousands of prayers going up for this sweet family right now - thanks to blogland. Even my very favorite blogs across the nation have linked onto hers.

So, please take a moment (or two) and click on the Harper button in the upper right and read the updates and please say a prayer. They truly need it!

No comments: