Tuesday, January 13, 2009

{bits & pieces}

completely random, mis-matched thoughts....

ahhh....i am actually having a very productive day today. the house is very, very quite. i'm on my "lunch break". actually, this is THE first time i have actually been alone (with the exception of the car and that is usually when i am trying to return phone calls) in months. so, a very productive work day, yea! both boys are good today, e returned to MDO and was sooooo excited to do so. so far so good - no call from ms. penny. and, scott's dad took him to the MD for me. it feels good to be on somewhat of a routine if only for a few hours. :)

i started ww today. i had tried south beach over the last few weeks off and on. very off and on. mostly off though. but, when you don't care for meat too much - not an easy way to go. so hopefully this will go well. or, at least better. i just had lunch. and, yes, i'm still starving. lovely. my friend, j, diaried her intake on her blog - i'm not that good. i will do good to write it down for myself. so, maybe if i just devulge my points for the day - either yea or nea - it may embarrass me so much, i stay on track. i'm doing the last old version because it's the only one i know as i think they've just come out with a new one. so, i am allotted 20 points for the day.

so, since i am trying to eat a little healthier - i am going to throw in a couple others. both, i have been convicted over and i just got more confirmation this morning. i try to check in with "my blogs" at least once a day. it makes it much easier now that i can see who updates. it has cut down on my multiple checks drastically. an then there are 2-3 out there in the "real world" apart from my local friends that i am faithful to read also. as mentioned, one is Lots of Scotts - seriously, so much of it - i could simply write myself (although, she is such a great writer) - but, the topics are so often topics i am dealing with at that very moment. after i read hers today, i decided i would follow her lead somewhat - in trying to give up the cell phone while driving. {there you go aunt J and scott - i'm sure that will make you very happy:} so, maybe i will be more of a safe driver and engage with my precious cargo even more.

also, a sincere thank you for all of your very sweet comments my post a couple of days ago. it was actually quite difficult to even read them and at one point i almost blocked them - it was that hard. and, i say even that in a positive way. really, all i can say is a sincerely thank you. it was a great encourgement - although the post was truly a purging for myself and at times i've felt like maybe i said too much. but, it's just how my heart felt. i definitely do not feel any of the things you said, but, i do appreciate it, so thank you.

2 comments:

Mischelle Coston said...

I'm right there with you on WW! If you have any great WW recipes, let me know. I have some great resource sites I'll send you sometime soon. Way to go, healthy Shannon! :o)

Tonia Hobbs said...

So glad to see an update. I am glad you were "home alone" today. I have had alot of work to do these last couple of weeks and I would like to stay home tomorrow! Best Wishes with ww. I am trying to lose weight too. Although I havent blogged about it just yet. . .tough stuff.