Thursday, February 25, 2010

{to: heather, from: me}

I suppose since I call her at 10 pm begging for help on where to place living room furniture because I can't get it to work, or 3 pm in a frantic situation as Scott has surprised me with a bedroom suite I absolutely fell in the love with and the movers are on their way in an attempt to avoid the snow....I guess I should let her see how she arranged my room over the phone. :)


It's definitely different! But, I love it so much though. Scott and I have never had a bedroom set. We used the bed I bought from a couple I babysat for in college up until we had to convert to a king size mattress after the kiddos decided they pretty much preferred our bed on most nights.
;) So, we just had the bed on bed rails without a headboard or anything. I did splurge and bought $20 risers from Wal-mart to give the mattress a little lift. :)
The bedroom was really the only room left to really furnish. It's been a slow process. And, although I would see beds I thought were absolutely beautiful - it never was "the one". So, I held out. And, stuck to my simple bed rails.

The above picture - the woods is all marked up and has a very weathered look. Scott asked if we got a discount for it being so scuffed up. ha! And, the answer was nada!
{yikes, I accidentally deleted the picture and will never get in back in order}



Dearest TH: do you know how you mentioned one thing leading to another? Well, those red walls that I painted just two years ago? They will be different this summer. I thought Scott would stroke, but he is in 100% agreement. We love our kitchen red, but, this has too much "burgundy" to it. I am going to do something fun and different. I want it to look old with texture. We shall see. That is a summer project for sure. I shouldn't even be posting this, but, I've been typing since 4:15 am - so, my brain needed to wander.

The above, a chest! woo-hoo! You would not believe where all of my t-shirts, unmentionables, socks, etc have been stashed over the years. It is so nice to have a place to put them that does not require a ladder to reach!


Yep, I loaded the pictures in backwards as always.




It is terrible to make because my comforter is so heavy, stuffing it into the sides is back-breaking - but, I love it when it is finished and will love it more when the walls look like I have in my head. That's a scary thought!
The sweet thing is when I saw the bed - I KNEW it was the one. But, of course was pricey. However, Scott did wonders in negotiating it down. It is amazing - I so need to learn to do that! It was basically a take it or leave it and it was a floor sample - so they decided to move it! yea! I really didn't think we would get it and when we walked away from it that day I was so sad and disappointed, but didn't let him know exactly how much. He returned to the store later with his parents and called me with the surprise news! He's always been like that.....someday remind me to tell you the story about the stealth. ;)
Thanks so much, Babe! It was worth the wait!
addendum: oh, yeah......the room definitely needs new lamps - but Hobby Lobby did not have them on sale last week. :( So, my scrawny ones will have to do for now. Not sure when I'll venture back up there. ha! and notice the picture-hanger-thing above the headboard. it's still up to?? ALSO, I love "puffy" beds. You know, the ones that look like marshmallows that you could just die in. Well, we used to have a feather bed. LOVED it, Scott did not because the pokey-feather things. Then we got the new mattress with the pillow top - it was/is nice. But, I've had such a battle sleeping of late, I thought increasing the comfort factor might do the trick. So, I searched Overstock and just got overwhelmed. Then, I spied a high loft, down alternative mattress PAD at Wal-mart by accident. It fits the mattress surprisingly well and it stays on and is sooooooo comfy. It was not on the bed when I took these pictures. I am alllll about comfort when I sleep. Well, when you often have little skinny elbows and knees that poke you after they've made their way to your bed during the night - any deep sleep prior to that is priceless. So, is the cuddling with the skinny elbows and knees in the morning. ;)

2 comments:

Mom2Three said...

It's beautiful Shannon!! Love the night stands too! I can't wait to see it when you paint it too. You will need some thick, heavy, ceiling to floor drapes too!!! Love it!!

Shannon said...

Thank you! Considering the price, I LOVE the night stands too! Although E broke one last night with a football (the handle). Yea...I'll get you in on the drape thing. Still need to take your advice for my living room ones. I need a break for now though. Don't know how you do it?? My focus will now have to shift to my brother's upcoming wedding...yikes!